Tuesday 6 August 2013

Welcome ESMI MARKETOU (Student Teacher)


Dear students, teachers and parents,

My name is Esmi Marketou and I am a first year Master of Teaching student at Melbourne University.

I was born and grew up in Greece and then moved to the UK to study and work for 13 years. I moved to Melbourne last November with my Australian husband and two children: Baz 3 and Kat 1 ½.

My background is in Finance. I have a BSc. in Business Administration from Athens University of Economics and Business and a MSc. in Banking and Finance from Stirling University in Scotland. I am also a qualified Accountant. In London I worked in Investment Banking (Deutsche Bank) for 2 years and then moved to the Oil Industry (British Petroleum) for 10 years.

I speak Greek, French and Spanish.

My decision to teach was part of an overall life change for me: having children, moving country and starting a very demanding teaching course.
I am very excited about the opportunity to be part of your Prep Neighbourhood for the next three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment